Wednesday, December 2, 2009

When To Step Back

This last six months has been an interesting period for me. I saw many advances in my horsemansip and I had many failures as well. I think you learn more from the failures almost than you do from success. Well...usually.


Two months ago I had my first lesson with a Parelli professional. It was amazing. Life-altering in fact. I've been studying natural horsemanship via Parelli Natural Horsemanship for the last few years and I'd gotten pretty good with horses on the ground. I can't remember the last time a horse scared me or made me nervous on the ground. All my confidance has come from moving through their Levels Pathway.

Having a lesson with one of their professionals was inspiring in a way I can't even begin to describe. I thought I had taught my horse to handle pressure....NOT in their book! If you want your horse to be a sconfidant as possible, NOT be a robot but still work for you, this is definately a program to look at!

No comments: